In late May last year, almost a year ago, I started this painting. I was very inspired, it had been a while that I made a large painting.
I just started with color and structure, without a plan.
Moreover, I wanted to use orange because I never had done that before, I do not like orange.
The first setup.
Added collage and stamps.
Orange is really not for me. I added more red. With white I made a whole again and then I made a sketch of a girl with charcoal.
I added more detail and color to the girl and background. The dress with flowers was filled with a template, it has not changed any more.
The face was further elaborated. After she had been a while on the easel, she landed in a dark spot in my studio. What a horrible sight! She stares at me as a kind of zombie. How should I proceed? I was not happy.
Months later, I got more confident and I am no longer attached to certain parts of the painting. I can look at it with fresh eyes and decide that there must be another head on the shoulders. I cover the old head with paint and collage.
The background doesn’t fit the head and I painted it over with white. I decorated the hat with a floral pattern.
I alter some details of the face. It takes some time before I get inspiration for the background. The hat gets butterfly wings. There is not a speck of orange to be seen.
And the finish was again wonderful work! Love to work out all the details. I conclude that the painting: Inspiration is ready. Finally!
She is allowed to hang on the wall in the living room. I’m happy.